Episode 6 show notes:
Try Stitch Fix to receive a box of five styled-for-you wardrobe items each month!
Photography and travel:
How Instagram is Changing Travel from National Geographic
Enter G Adventures’ Forget Perfect, Adventure is Unfiltered travel photography contest to win an adventure for two and read their blog for tips on taking better pictures, Don’t Take ‘Boring’ Travel Photos.
Set backs while traveling:
In Vietnam, Emily missed Halong Bay, but is now excited to return!
Is the Astronomical Clock in Prague the second greatest sight-seeing disappointment in the world? (Spoiler: no, you should still go check it out!)
Best practices for being prepared or handling unexpected emergencies while traveling:
- Tell someone where you will be and when. Include hotels, flight numbers, and tour company information if available.
- Make copies of important travel documents and bank/credit cards. Take a copy with you, have a digital copy, and/or give a copy to someone back home.
- Get travel insurance. A great article by Rick Steves regarding travel insurance: https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/trip-planning/travel-insurance. Not endorsed, but check out: Insure My Trip or Travel Guard
- Establish medical and financial power of attorney and have a last will and testament.
- Know where the embassies are in the countries you are visiting.
- Review travel alerts and warnings from the U.S. Department of State.
- Know your rights regarding flight delays and bumps.
And we are wrapping up our July book club book, It’s Okay to Laugh (Crying is Cool, Too) by Nora McInerny Purmort. We’ll be recording the episode next week, so send any questions or comments on the book!
What set backs have you experienced while traveling? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on social media to see updates from our travels: